Samstag, 6. September 2014

SOM Diary: 2013 Replay schedule

When I posted the summary of the Redsox' second three game series I noticed that I had not yet posted my overall replay schedule. So here it is:


The idea is to have nine games against each division rival (odd number so there is a winner), and a limited number of inter divisional games so the total number of games remains manageable.

Every team plays two three game series against teams from other divisions. To keep it more interesting I paired teams against teams with similar performance in the real season (1st/2nd placed teams against each other, and 3rd/4th placed teams).

That gives a total of 27 games against division rivals and 6 games outside of the division for a total of 33 per team. This allows starters to play in 5-6 games, and overall counting stats can be multiplied by five to compare with a real season of 162 games (33x5 = 165, close enough).

Overall I need to get through 33x6 = 198 games. I started in April 2014, and until August inclusive played 21 games, so at this pace I'll need about two - three years for the complete season replay. That's a very similar timeline to my other hobby projects (e.g. here and here).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen