Sonntag, 5. November 2017

Piquet Shopping List

Piquet doesn't only have unusual gaming mechanics, it also needs some special accessoires. Here are some notes how I intend to cover for these.

Dice: not being a paper-and-pen roleplayer, I do't have matching dice from D3#4 to D12 lying around. I'll probably use the D6 and D20 I have (and ignore higher rolls than allowed by the situation) until I come across a nice set by accident.

Counters:
  • once per side: up to 30-50 or so for morale (maybe use two colors, one for 5s and one for 1s)
  • once: 20 initiative pips
  • once per side: 5-8 opportunity initiative pips (can be same color for each side)
  • optional: counter for sequence deck cards to be discarded (e.g. routed units)
This could be done with 20 each of six colors of poker chips, this is the set I'll try to use. It is a very cheap set from some Amazon online shop.



Cards
  • morale and stratagem cards: I will use the normal poker deck from the set of poker chips - from the pinted cards that come with the rules it is obvious that the rules originally used such a deck, too, so why not?
  • for the custom, army specific sequence decks that make Piquet so special, allow customizing armies to reflect national characteristics and specific battle events: I have printed my own on small slips of paper, and inserted these on top of old Magic-Cards into the simple, transparent penny sleeves. Pictures are partly photos of my minis as shown on this blog, partly from the Internet (so I cannot shere these - Copyright forbid...)
Sample cards from my sequence deck for the Imperial army (left) and the Prussians (right)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen